Monday, July 27, 2009

The Day After

I'm learning one thing is certain. That no matter the accomplishment, you have to write every day. No days off. It doesn't have to be a marathon session where you vomit out thirty pages. Perhaps it's just forty minutes of staring at the screen and correcting typos. Maybe an hour of research for a new idea, or a quick outline. Whatever it is, I must maintain the routine. Permission for a day off leads to another.

A day away from finishing my third screenplay, I am back to the second again. The third is relegated to a drawer for a week or so. Hopefully it's also somewhere back in the dim recesses of my subconscious getting better as well. Soon enough I'll return and start the real work on it. For now though I'm back to a final (I hope) polish on #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment